Tuesday 20 July 2010

( 2 ) MY JOURNEY TO THE HOSPITAL

If she was not strapped in her wheelchair securely,she would have been on the floor,because she could not bend her waist.I shouted her name,no response,eventually in my panic,i opened her belt and lifted her,in my arms,but she was so stiff,i could not bend her body, Trying to carry her down in that postition down the drive,to the car,was almost impossible, but i had to,and try to open the car,at the same time.to me,it was matter of life and death,and i had to think sharp.
As i opened the car,and had her in my arms, she opened her eyes,i told her she scared me, she asked me "why are you scared"? i responded,"because i was shouting your name,and i was not getting a reply",she brifely smiled.
I sat her in the front of the car,securely,she had to be in the front,because i would have to make sure we stopped in safe places,to give her enough fluids,in case she was dehydrated. 

I had to keep a close eye on her,i was petrified,hoping we would make it,to keep focusing on the road,and making sure my daughter was going to be okay. I could not take my eye off the road,in case,i killed us both. Every stretch of road,seemed never ending,and every layby seemed so far away.I needed to stop in different locations,to give her fluids,i wanted to do everything in my power,to save her life. I had to keep her awake,i did not want her dropping off into a coma,again.
We must have stopped about six times,in different laybys,on our journey.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete